Are you having trouble starting Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2010, or receiving “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window” error messages? We can fix the problem for you, or you can use the troubleshooting steps we’re providing below to help resolve these startup issues.
Are you facing an issue and can’t start Microsoft Outlook or receive the error “Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window”
In most cases, there is an Add-ins that prevents Outlook to start. You need to start outlook in “Safe Mode”
Starting Outlook in safe mode, which means starting Outlook without add-ins loaded, can tell you if an add-in is the cause of the problem.
- Start Outlook in safe mode
- Choose Start > Run.
- Type Outlook /safe, and choose OK.
- Accept the default setting of Outlook and choose OK.
- Disable add-ins
- In the upper-left corner of Outlook, choose File > Options > Add-ins.
- At the bottom of the View and manage Office Add-ins, make sure the Manage box shows COM Add-ins and then choose Go.
- On the COM Add-ins listing and after noting which Add-ins enabled or disabled, do clear all selected checkboxes, and then choose OK.
- Choose File > Exit.
- Choose Start > Run, and in the Open box, type Outlook.
If the program loads properly, it’s likely that one of your add-ins is the source of the error and you need to identify which one. In order to identify the source of the problem, enable one add-in at a time.
If Outlook doesn’t start in safe mode, then the problem is likely to be a corrupted installation, you’ll need to run the outlook installation to repair outlook